Sunday, July 8, 2012

Off to Tennessee!

Southern pottery. Courtesy, the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts.
 So sorry I have not posted in some time, the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts' Summer Institute has kept me on my toes and very busy! I am heading to Tennessee for a study trip into the Volunteer State, and am very excited to see really neat decorative arts, architecture and pottery! The above photo is a great display at MESDA with Tennessee potter on the left, North Carolina pottery in the middle, and South Carolina pottery on the right. I am incredibly excited to see more Tennessee pottery.
Taking apart the secret compartments of a desk. Courtesy, Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts.
The whole program has been really fantastic for all of the lectures on the Southern backcountry. It has also been a great opportunity to handle collections pieces. I have been working on a project related to a group of Kentucky stoneware in the collection at MESDA, which I hope to share more about in the coming week. Hope you all are staying cool, it has been in the 100s here in North Carolina!

No comments: