Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year

The dogs anticipating their Christmas treats
 I apologize for the long delay in my posting. I took a bit of a break from the pottery studio for a few weeks after the craziness of the holiday settled down. A few highlights from the break included some snow in Ohio:
Guinness the chocolate lab waiting for a snowball

Guinness thoroughly enjoyed the snow!
A venture into the world of felting:
Meet Bill, the felted Belted Galloway!

And playing with my first smartphone. I figured I officially retired my boombox (remember those?!) the other day, so the technological exchange seemed appropriate. ha!
Playing with the Instagram app
 Then it was back to work. I've been lining up my kiln firings for the coming months, and have some great pottery shows to get on the calendar! I've also been cleaning the studio and doing lots of rearranging. Today I got back to more manual labor and built a drying bed for my clay slip and unloaded about 2/3 of a sixty gallon barrel I use for storing it. Here are some photos of this venture:
Coated mesh on the base of a frame

Cotton sheet in the bottom of the frame

Clay slurry poured into the frame

Kind of looks like a Wendy's frosty!
Stay tuned to some fun pottery pieces and kiln bits I also picked up over the break! Looking forward to the new year!

No comments: