Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Not all Glamor

Sieving slip

Making pottery is certainly not all glamor. I've been trying to get back into the routine of making pots after the Catawba show for another kiln in a few weeks. This has required some additional messy prep work.  I had to make up some slip for decorating the rims of my pots. Glaze making and sieving clay and materials is probably one of my least favorite tasks!   What's that stick in the photo above? Why, it's what's left of a sponge brush, but it works pretty well for getting globs of clay through the sieve! Make-do is so much more entertaining than buying new or using what may seem practical.
Finished decorated dishes

1 comment:

Dennis Allen said...

Not all glamor??? Now you tell me ! I thought clay and glaze spatter was a fashion accessory.