Saturday, November 20, 2010

Feature Artist, Third Friday Artwalk

I was able to retrieve a few pieces from Sid Luck's kiln firing last weekend. The results were splendid, I was especially happy with how the Danish White clay turned out.
A few pieces from Sid Luck's firing
The results of a clay called Danish White, which is a clay I enjoy a lot
I had the opportunity to be the feature artist at the 3rd Friday ArtWalk at the Arts Incubator in Siler City yesterday. I set up a small collection of pieces, and will be adding more in the coming week.
My display at the North Carolina Arts Incubator
There was a steady crowd for the whole evening, and Sue Baker, a sculptor at the Incubator, did a live demonstration, working with a live model. The model was painter and ceramic artist Ricky Lindley's daughter. People were really excited to see the demonstration.
Sculptor Sue Baker drew quite a crowd for the basement of the Incubator!


Sue Baker modelling Ricky Lindley's daughter

Joseph Sand is going to start opening his kiln tomorrow, so I will try to post some photos for a Thanksgiving treat! And, if you're near Siler City, stop in and have a look at my pottery and let me know what you think!

No comments: