Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hot and Bothered

Peering into the top opening of the kiln
Get your mind out of the gutter, of course I meant a kiln firing! I realized this afternoon that I don't think I have ever posted a photograph of the interior of one of my kiln firings. I liked this shot as it caught the licking flame on the right side of the opening.
Kiln loaded up with bisque ware
There was also some molten salt action this afternoon after salting. This is not the first time this has happened but it is the first time I have had my camera on hand. Do not worry though, no brush fires, and it was contained. It actually cooled quite quickly and made a tinkling sound as it cooled and cracked!
Molten salt action

Molten salt action
I am gearing up for the Triad Pottery Festival show this coming Sunday and to get some more things on Etsy! I should be unloading the kiln on Friday, so I will post the results!

No comments: