Monday, February 4, 2013

Blank Slates

Playing with some new (to me) stamps on crocks

 There has been a flurry of activity in the studio lately in preparation for a kiln firing. I had to push the firing back one week as I started a new part time job last week. Very exciting, it has just meant having to make some adjustments!
Three bowls with low wide centers for stacking and serving
I am working on a lot of decorating as the pots are all mostly dry. Blank slates always bring a bit of indecision. I am a fairly indecisive person as it is, so committing to something that does not wipe off very well to make a clean surface can be difficult!
Decoration on the dish set
Lidded jar
Jars are particularly tricky. I think this might be because with three small handles on the piece, there are essentially three "sides" to fill on the surface. That is unless I were to make a continuous pattern around the whole piece. I chose to go with the three "sides," all decorated with a similar pattern.

Just small wine cups and condiment dishes to make in the next day or so and then I will start loading the kiln soon. Lots of work, but always worth it!

No comments: