Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Productive Day

Mugs
 After working over the weekend at the museum and on the barn, I had a hard time getting into gear yesterday. Today, I felt like I accomplished quite a bit in the studio. I made a small herd of mugs today, some small pitchers, small dishes, flower pots, and mixing bowls.
Small dishes

Small dishes and flowerpots

Shorter pitchers
 I also did some slip trailing for decoration this morning before the pots got too dry. I've found that putting the slip trailing on when the clay is still a little moist helps it stick on the pot and not pull away while it is drying, or worse, in the firing.
Work on the barn/workshop is going well. We almost have the floor joists done!
Floor joists almost finished
It is amazing to think that a month or so ago the base of the workshop looked like this:
We are hoping to get some framing up later this week. We're back at the Greensboro Farmer's Curb Market this Saturday, April 12th from 7 am-12 pm, so come visit!



No comments: