Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fabricated Guilty Pleasure


Improperly stacked and stuffed mugs in a cupboard.
I have cupboards full of mugs made by myself (mostly seconds, ha!) or potters I know or have worked with. However, every once in a while I need my fabricated guilty pleasure. I do not own many fabricated mugs, and those I do own usually have a story with them.

Meet my belted galloway mug from Fearrington Village. My mother found this mug for me and I think it is endearing.

I find belted galloway cows incredibly heart warming for some reason. They make me smile. There are a few herds near where I live, and I try to drive past them as often as I can. I was moving a little slow this morning, and reached for this mug, so I thought I would share my guilty pleasure.
Belted galloways at Fearrington Village. Photo from their site.

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Those unusual patterned cows always bring a smile to my face if I see them grazing a field.

persimmonkilgore said...

They look very cuddly, but a friend of mine has some and she says hers are mean & ornery :)

Liberty Stoneware said...

Linda, I'm glad to know I am not the only one. Now, as to them being mean and ornery, while this is disappointing, it's not terribly surprising. Kind of like sheep, I guess, cute as a button, but sometimes (or some people say most of the time) dumber than a bag of hammers. I do think the belties would be cuddly though.