Monday, August 8, 2011

Production Push


I realized the other day that things were thinning out in my inventory and with a few shows coming up, I decided to start making a production push!

Part of my ware rack
It felt good to make some more faceted mugs and stick the bottle glass on the sides of some of them.

Faceted mugs

Faceted mugs
At the end of this month I will be at Cedarock Farm in Alamance County for their Preserving Our Heritage Day, and then early next month I may be at the Silk Hope Old Fashioned Farmer's Day. Because at both of these events I will be demonstrating and not having a lot of time to sell much, I made some extra more traditional pieces to (hopefully) appeal to the crowds attending these events.
This started out as an intentional design, and then went its own route. I think it turned out well!

Decorated crocks

I was really excited to make these bottles, mostly because I love making bottles, but also because I think they turned out well!

Bottles, I'm really enjoying the neck of these
I started making some more of the decorated mugs in both 8-10 and 10-12 ounce sizes.
Decorated mugs
I finally have gotten around to testing some mason stains in a porcelain base to see how they will turn out in the salt kiln. I am running out of the cobalt concoction I made some years ago and want to see whether I can get a slightly brighter blue. We will see!
Test tiles

No comments: