Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Updates

I had a visitor on a bottle for half of the day
Where have you been, Brenda? Due to my lack of blog posts, I thought I would post some photos and snippets of what I have been up to. We loaded up the last bit of kiln brick.

Kiln brick: some assembly required!
For about the last week or so I have been madly throwing pottery in order to fill a kiln soon.

New crocks and planters

Pitchers

New lidded jars

New compost crocks
This past weekend I demonstrated making pottery at the Old Fashioned Farmer's Day in Silk Hope, North Carolina.

Photograph by Laurie Newlin

I was located at an 1850 cabin and demonstrated along with weavers and a spinner.

Cabin with my booth to the left

Sue Szary demonstrating spinning
I was really excited to see the demonstrations across from me of the rock crusher and thresher.
Rock crusher

Thresher

Demonstrator in the steam-powered chair factory


No comments: