Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fresh Pots for Catawba Valley!


I just unloaded the small kiln on Wednesday and have had a day or so of rampant packing and pricing! Took some photographs of a few pieces that are heading with me to the Catawba Valley Pottery and Antiques Festival this weekend!
This piece with the blue decoration is one of those pots you really wish you could just hoard, but I like for my pots to find good homes, so it is going. It just means I have to make more of them like this!
The ash glaze did decently in the hotter parts of the small gas kiln. The jar above has a little dry spot on one side, but I'm not too worried about it. I like how the white slip came through!


And the teapots and slip trailed dishes that were fired in Joseph's small wood kiln turned out well. It is nice to have some fresh new pieces to take to a show!

2 comments:

Oliver Mueller said...

Love the lidded, cobalt decorated bowl! The slip stands out great on the bowl and plate- nice colors!

Elizabeth said...

Love, love, love the blue decorated piece! Please make more so I can buy one!